`Position Pressure` - teaching aggressive individual defence.by Coach Liam Flynn
If Shooting is the premium skill on offence, then the ability to guard the ball and put pressure on your opponent individually is the premium skill on defence. In this video, I describe my personal philosophy on individual defence (which I call “Position Pressure”) and explain my key teaching points in this area. You’ll also see some of my favourite breakdown drills for guarding the ball in various situations – full court defence, guarding the ball on the perimeter and closing out drills.
- International Experience - NBA Consultant, Coach in the German Bunderliga, Chinese CBA & New Zealand NZNBL
- Six years of coaching experience in Australian First division (NBL)
- Fifteen years of coaching experience in Australian Second Division
- Twenty Years Coaching experience at Junior Elite Level in Australia
- Masters in Sports Coaching (University of Queensland).
- Coach Educator and Clinician