Intermediate Hurdlesby Texas Track & Field Coaches Association
In this course, legendary Coach Bennie Brazell details the foundations for the 300m hurdles. He even explains the differences between the 300m and 400m hurdles and why you cannot compare them as races. He even includes more detailed information in his Q&A session. If you are a coach who wants to learn more about intermediate hurdles, then this is the course for you!
Bennie Brazell was welcomed with open arms in 2012 to join the LSU Staff as an Assistant Coach for Sprints, Hurdles, and Relays. He is now in his 10th season with the Tigers and has helped create numerous champions at the SEC and NCAA Championships. As a champion himself, he uses what he learned and new things he learned to pass onto the new generation of athletes at LSU.
- 2004 Olympian
- 5-time NCAA Champion
- 14-time NCAA All-American
- LSU School Record Holder (400 Hurdles, 4x400 Relay)
- 231st overall pick (7th Round) of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Cincinnati Bengals
- Member of LSU’s 2002 NCAA Outdoor and 2004 NCAA Indoor championship teams on the track.
- Member of LSU’s 2003 national championship team on the football field.
Coaching Records at LSU
- 4 Olympians
- 2 Olympic Medalists
- 2 World Champions
- 3 World Championship Medalists
- 2 World Junior Championships Medalists
- 14 NCAA Champion athletes winning 8 NCAA event titles
- 23 SEC Champion athletes winning 17 SEC event titles
- 29 All-American athletes winning 107 All-America honors
- 28 All-SEC athletes winning 82 All-SEC honors