Building Skill Developmentby Forrest Larson
- Hard skills are acquired through intentional focus and repetition such as shooting, ball handling and offensive skills.
- A serious player may work on these about per day depending on ability, age and specific goals.
- understanding the game and learning the nuances to react.
- develop a specific physical training plan such as building strength, quickness and vertical jump. Meet with a trainer to evaluate strengths and weaknesses
- develop a mental plan working on confidence, determination and mental toughness
Forrest Larson/ TakeItToTheRim
Forrest Larson has coached basketball on the high school level for 32 years. The teams he coached carried a reputation for playing extremely hard, being highly skilled, pressing and running the floor relentlessly. He has been a featured speaker at a variety of clinics and camps in 15 different states.