ABIS Equity & Inclusion: Leaders Virtual Summitby Advancement of Blacks in Sports (ABIS)
Get in the Game
EDUCATE. LEAD. INSPIRE. ADVANCE.
THE SCOUTING REPORT ON RACE AND SPORTS
- Dr. Scott Brooks - Arizona State University, Associate Professor, T. Denny Sanford School of Social and Family Dynamics
- Dr. Harry Edwards - American Sociologist, Civil Rights Activist, Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the University of California, Berkeley
BRAVE CONVERSATIONS . . . USING YOUR LEADERSHIP ROLE TO ADVANCE EQUITY AND INCLUSION IN SPORT
- Dr. Ken Shropshire - Arizona State University, CEO of the Global Sport Institute and Adidas Distinguished Professor
- Dr. Albert Bimper Jr. - Colorado State University, Assistant Vice President, and Senior Associate Athletics Director
- Kim Davis - National Hockey League, Executive Vice President, Social Impact, Growth Initiatives & Legislative Affairs
- Paulette Granberry Russell, JD - National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education, President
- Tamica Smith Jones - University of California, Riverside, Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Oris Stuart - National Basketball Association, Chief People and Inclusion Officer
RACE AND SPORTS SCHOLARS PERSPECTIVES: DO YOU SEE WHAT WE SEE?
- Dr. Deborah Stroman - UNC-Chapel Hill, Associate Professor, and CEO, Center of Sports Business and Analytics
- Dr. Joseph Cooper - UMass Boston, Dr. J. Keith Motley Endowed Chair of Sports Leadership and Administration and Associate Professor
- Dr. Richard Lapchick - Eminent Scholar, Endowed Chair & Director, DeVos Sport Business Management; Vice President/CEO, ISSJ; Director, The Institute for Diversity & Ethics in Sport
- Dr. Lori Martin - LSU, Professor of African and African American Studies and Sociology, Faculty Athletics Representative
- Dr. Leonard Moore - The University of Texas at Austin, Vice President for Diversity and Community Engagement and the George Littlefield Professor of American History
Advancement of Blacks In Sports (ABIS) Equity & Inclusion Leaders Virtual Summit
Our mission is to connect and inspire people to boldly advocate for racial, social, and economic justice for Blacks in sports. Seeking equal rights and fair treatment of Black people by influencing institutional policies and practices that promote racial, social, and economic justice.