Building RPOby Lauren's First and Goal
In this course, Coach Jeff Hecklinski teaches you how to build a Run Pass Option. Coach Heck details the fundamentals of implementing RPOs. He breaks down the base run, as well as perimeter and vertical RPOs. Everything you need to build an RPO from the ground up is right here.
Simply click the ‘Book This Course’ button at the top right of this page, place your order, and you’ll immediately be logged into the training with full access. Learn how Coach Hecklinski builds a Run Pass Option style of play.
Jeff Hecklinski - Offensive Coordinator/ Quarterbacks - San Diego State
- Hecklinski has 22 years of collegiate coaching experience under his belt, including 12 seasons working with Aztec head coach Brady Hoke. He was previously on Hoke’s staff at Ball State (2004-08), San Diego State (2009-10), and Michigan (2011-14).
- In Hecklinski’s first year as the Aztecs’ offensive coordinator in 2020, SDSU ranked second in the Mountain West in an average time of possession (32:15) and finished third in rushing offense (199.4), the latter of which was good for 32nd nationally.
- Individually, four Aztecs earned All-MW distinction on the offensive side of the ball last season, including first-team honoree Kyle Spalding (LT) and second-team selections Greg Bell (RB) and Zachary Thomas (RT), while Daniel Bellinger (TE) received honorable mention.
- In his first tour of duty on The Mesa, Hecklinski was the Aztecs’ assistant head coach and mentored the running backs while serving as the program’s recruiting coordinator.
- In 2010, Hecklinski was part of Hoke’s staff that helped SDSU make its first bowl game since 1998, as the Aztecs downed Navy in the Poinsettia Bowl, 35-14. That season, Hecklinski helped tutor running back Ronnie Hillman, who rushed for 1,532 yards and 17 touchdowns as a true freshman. Hillman was later named a first-team freshman All-America selection by FWAA and Phil Steele Magazine, the Mountain West Freshman of the Year, and earn first-team all-MW honors. Hillman was drafted in the third round by the Denver Broncos in the 2012 NFL Draft.