Course 14: Bootleg & Sprint Out Pass Packagesby Kelley Lee
A Triple Option Team that THROWS the ball???
The threat of the pass has allowed the GROUND STRIKE OFFENSE to be an NCAA rushing leader
Head coach Kelley Lee played QB in and learned the BYU style passing system ran by Steve Young, Ty Detmer, Jim McMcMahon...
Coach Lee ran these plays in his 3 years as a high school head coach, taking a 1-9 program to a 12-1 state semi-finalist three years later....
Boot & Sprint Out
See WR's getting unbelievably wide open vs. College Defenses with simple variations to the base Bootleg Concept that any offense could easily incorporate. If you are not generating a lot of big plays in your Boot game you need to see this video!!!
Coach Lee played & coached under his Hall-of-Fame father
- Played QB in both the WingT and the Air Raid
Coach Lee has ran TRIPLE OPTION for 20 years....
from Flexbone, Wishbone, I Bone, Split Backs, Gun, and Pistol
has led the nation multiple times in Rushing and Time of Possession
has finished in the Top 10 in Scoring Offense, Total Offense, Pass Effeciency, 3rd/4th Down Conversion, & Yards Per Pass Completion
- is the all-time leader in career win percentage at Eastern New Mexico University
The GROUND STRIKE Triple Option also works at high school level....
Coach Lee also took a 1-9 high school team to the state semi-finals
- at Valencia HS in New Mexico, he took over a 1-9 program and turned them into a contender going 26-9, reaching state playoffs all 3 years while averaging 50 points per game.
- He understands what it is like to coach at the high school level
Coach Lee's Coaching Career...
- 2017-present has been HC at Eastern New Mexico
- 2019 Number 2 rushing offense in NCAA Division II
- 2017 led all of Division II in three categories during the season including rushing offense (352.7 ypg), and time of possession (36:40),
- 2012-2016 was OC at Eastern New Mexico.
- Number one rushing offense in Lone Star conference at 345 yards per game
- three running backs that have set the single-season record for rushing yards and career record for rushing yards in Paul Terry, (1,881, 2019) E'lon Spight (1,611; 2014) and Kamal Cass (4,301;2014-17), respectively.
- 2009-11 was HC at Valencia HS.
- 2008 was OC at Midland College where offense ranked Top 10 in NAIA 8n several categories
- 2006-07 as OC at New Mexico Military Instituge, finished 2nd in nation in rushing both years
- 2004-05 OC at Hot Springs High School
- 2003 OC at Alamogordo High School
- 2001-02 was RB & QB coach at Eastern New Mexico
- 1996-2000 played QB at Western New Mexico
- Played in 4 state championships in football, basketball, and track at Hot Springs HS in New Mexico