Course 16: OL Stance, Chutes, & Footworkby Roger Holmes
Roger Holmes has won 231 games in Georgia and Tennessee
Won two STATE TITLES and 8 REGION Championships in Georgia
This 1 hour video is part of a 3-hour series.
The first video, COURSE 15, focused on shoulder skills and how to make contact on the block
THIS VIDEO, COURSE 16, teaches the FOOTWORK
Everyone knows that you CANNOT win football games without Offensive Line. This is the reason that Coach Holmes has had all the success in football crazy Georgia....
- How did Coach Holmes win the 2019 GEORGIA STATE TITLE while only throwing 2 passes the entire game?
- How did Coach Holmes team RUSH for over 700 yards in one game and led the entire state, all classifications in rushing with 6,200 yards?
- BY HAVING A POWERFUL RUNNING ATTACK THAT HAS ANSWERS FOR EVERY DEFENSIVE ADJUSTMENT!!
Like any championship coach and championship program...this video does not skip any details. Nothing is assumed in this video....
“The first 3 steps are the most important....”
– Vince Lombardi
This video shows starts off by continuing the teaching of the shoulder & hands by puttting the players in the chute.
So they learn how to make contact, WHILE STAYING LOW. They will be in 2point and 3point stances.
Then it is onto the footwork:
- FIRE step. Used on reach blocks
- TRAP steps.
- PULLING footwork
- DOWN block
- ROCK Step
- TRAP drill. Every offense needs Guard Trap
- BIRD DOG drill. One of the best teaching tools in all of football...any offense...any defense...every coach in America should use this drill
After watching this video you will agree that it is the best offensive line video on CoachTube. Hands Down (or should I say flipper?)
Coach Holmes has been a Head Football Coach for 29 years–the past 18 years at Dublin High School, Georgia. He has won 157 games with 8 Region Championships and 1 State Championship game with the Fighting Irish. Before coming to Georgia, Coach Holmes had won 73 games in eleven years at Beech High School, Tennessee.
His overall football record as head coach is 231-108-1.
- STATE COACH OF THE YEAR in bothTennessee (1995) and Georgia (2002 & 2006)
- Georgia Athletic Coaches Association COACH-OF-THE-YEAR in 2002, 2005, & 2006.\
- Georgia Record for most points scored in a regular season in 2005 (549)
- Georgia Record for points scored in a full season in 2006 (682).
Coach Holmes has been speaking at Glazier clinics all over the country for past 5 years and runs the Southeast Wing T clinic in Georgia every March.