Course 18: QB Reads & Responsibilitiesby Eric Marty
Learn the 4-Filter System
Don't make your QB read progression complicated
once the QB applies the PRE-SNAP filter system, then he has a 2-read progression
Learn why the MULTIPLE GUN OFFENSE has been a TOP 5 offense in the 68-team JUCO system in California
- 60 TDs and only 15 interceptions
- 2nd & 5th in state passing efficiency past two years
Once you listen to Coach Marty, you will quickly see why they went from 0-10 to 20-2 and he will be a Division 1 coordinator in the very near future
The first part of this video is about Building & Communicating the Pass Concepts.
- Why & How to use Wristbands
- How to Apply the 4-Filter system to WR
A college QB and European MVP himself, Coach Marty is an expert at QB play.
Coach Marty takes you through his QB meetings. Tell you exactly the same things he tells his QBs in spring
- check pass protections (where does the slide go with & without pressure)
- How to use the 4 Filter system
- RPO Read Progression
This isn't a bunch of philosophy about QB traits and telling you the QB has to have great character
California Golden Coast Conference’s 2018 & 2019 Coach of the Year Eric Marty’s TIGHT END DRIVEN MULTIPLE GUN OFFENSE has propelled Reedley College Tigers to back to back 10-1 seasons, conference championships, and Top-5 Offense Rankings in California (out of 68 CA JUCO teams).
- Averaged 45.7 points per game this season (4th best in the state), and
- 41.5 points per game in 2018 (7th best in the state).
- Ranking 10th in total offense this season at 438.7 yards per game, and 5th in 2018 at 484.5 yards per game.
Most impressively, Reedley was a 1-9 team on probation prior to Marty's arrival.
- QBs have finished 2nd and 5th in efficiency in the state the past two years,
- Tailback in 2019 led the state in yards per carry, rushed for over a thousand yards, and led the state in all-purpose yardage.
- TE's have had more catches than any other collegiate TE group in the past two years.
Before accepting the Grambling State University offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach position, Coach Marty....
- Head Coach for Reedley College
- East Los Angeles College Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Quarterbacks Coach in 2015.
- Moorpark College Offensive Coordinator, taking the offense from 64th in the state to 14th in just two years.
- Oklahoma Panhandle University in 2012 as the Receivers Coach and Special Teams Coordinator.
- High school coach in Washington going 11-1 in 2009 and 2011 reaching the quarterfinals of the Washington State 3A state playoffs.
- 3-year starting QB at Chapman University, compiling a 14-8 record as a starter, broke 6 school passing records, and led the team to back-to-back winning seasons in 2007 and 2008 for the first time since 1995, 1996.
- Led four different teams to League titles in four years in the Italian and Austrian Football Leagues,
- Won the 2009 Italian Superbowl and the 2010 Austrian Bowl XXVI.
- Named the MVP of Austrian Bowl XXVI.
- Professional career record of 39-8. 152 touchdown passes to 30 interceptions (5-1 TD-INT ratio).