Course 21: Sprint Out Pass & Protectionsby Eric Marty
Coach Marty will take you through the sprint out concepts and most importantly, the sprint out protections the Reedley Tigers have used so efficiently at the junior college level.
Whether it’s a critical third down or you need a high percentage early down completion to jump start a drive, sprint out is a tremendous weapon. It takes pressure off the offensive line, moves the launch point, and gets the quarterback out in space and time.
Coach Marty will walk you through his favorite sprint out concepts. Additionally he will teach the rules and techniques for their sprint out protection – and if you aren’t blocking your sprint out like this, you are missing out. This chapter will make you a more efficient passing offense and significantly improve your third down percentages!
Back-to-Back Conference Coach of the Year Eric Marty’s TIGHT END DRIVEN MULTIPLE GUN OFFENSE propelled to 20-2 record, conference championships, and a bowl win.
There are 68-Jr Colleges in Calfornia…
- Averaged 45.7 points per game this season (4th best in the state), and
- 41.5 points per game in 2018 (7th best in the state).
- Ranking 10th in total offense this season at 438.7 yards per game, and
- 5th in 2018 at 484.5 yards per game.
Most impressively, Reedley was a 1-9 team on probation prior to Marty's arrival.
- QBs have finished 2nd and 5th in efficiency in the state the past two years,
- Tailback in 2019 led the state in yards per carry, rushed for over a thousand yards, and led the state in all-purpose yardage.
- TE's have had more catches than any other collegiate TE group in the past two years.
Before accepting the Reedley Head Coach position, Coach Marty....
- East Los Angeles College Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Quarterbacks Coach in 2015.
- Moorpark College Offensive Coordinator, taking the offense from 64th in the state to 14th in just two years.
- Oklahoma Panhandle University in 2012 as the Receivers Coach and Special Teams Coordinator.
Coach Marty also has coached high school football in his home state of Washington. As the OC, Marty led his alma mater to an 11-1 record in 2009 and reached the 3A quarterfinals in 2011.
- 3-year starting QB at Chapman University,
- compiling a 14-8 record as a starter,
- broke 6 school passing records, and
- led the team to back-to-back winning seasons in 2007 and 2008 for the first time since 1995, 1996.
- Led four different teams to League titles in four years in the Italian and Austrian Football Leagues,
- Won the 2009 Italian Superbowl and the 2010 Austrian Bowl XXVI.
- Named the MVP of Austrian Bowl XXVI.
- Professional career record of 39-8. 152 touchdown passes to 30 interceptions (5-1 TD-INT ratio).
- Marty went 14-6 as a high school QB and was the state player of the year in soccer.