Course 6: RPOs off Power and Counterby Scott Meadows
Having problems running the ball against blitzing and overactive linebackers?
Scott Meadows POWER and COUNTER CRISS CROSS is the solution for you.
Although these plays are in different "families" in the Wing-T, they can be used for similar outcomes.
- POWER in the Smoke and MIrrors RPO Wing-T eliminates run-throughs and blitzing backers to pound teams into submisssion.
- COUNTER CRISS CROSS is a double handoff that destroys linebackers that over pursue and don't stay at home.
Make Defensive Coordinators pay for overplaying your best play, or guessing.
Scott Meadows Smoke and Mirrors RPO Wing-T utilizes simple concepts and rules to make taching and coaching easy.
Tennessee State Champion Scott Meadows has began his second tenure as head coach of Pigeon Forge, TN in 2020.
Coach Meadows was forced to retire from Pigeon Forge for two years (2017-18) due to health concerns.
In his four year coaching tenure at Pigeon Forge from 2013 to 2016, Meadows led the Tigers to a 28-19 overall record and four 3A playoff appearances.
Meadows has had success at seven different schools as he has been a head coach for 19 years and has a 140-84 overall record
in stops at Seqouyah (1998-1999, 17-7 record), Alcoa (2000-01, 27-2), Jefferson County (2002-03, 19-6), William Blount (2004-08, 25-20), Knoxville Catholic (2009-12, 21-23), Pigeon Forge (2013-16, 28-19) and Carter (2019, 3-7).
Meadows won a Class 2A state title at Alcoa with a 15-0 record in 2000.
Over his 18 year head coaching career, his teams made 15 Playoff appearances in three different classifications,
- Seqouyah (two playoff appearances in 1998 and 1999 in 3A),
- Alcoa (two playoff appearances in 2000 and 2001 in 2A),
- Jefferson County (two playoff appearances in 2002 and 2003 in 5A),
- William Blount (three playoff appearances in 2005, 2006 and 2007 in 5A),
- Knoxville Catholic (two playoff appearances in 2009 and 2010 in 5A) and
- Pigeon Forge (four playoff appearances in 2013-16).