Course 8: Toss and Fly Sweepby Kelley Lee
Want to Run the Ball Better Outside the Tackles?
Then run ROCKET TOSS & FLY SWEEP
This will also help you run the ball better between the tackles!
In keeping with the GROUND STRIKE PHILOSOPHY of adding plays without adding blocking schemes see how to run both plays with the same blocking scheme
A CONFUSED OFFENSIVE LINE IS A BAD OFFENSIVE LINEMAN
Helps with inside run plays by keeping the Defense from squeezing the box
- Great complement to the Belly G play (Course 5)
- get ball on perimeter
Can be used in Pistol I-Back, Gun, Wing T, Double Wing
Learn from the coaching staff that has been leading the NCAA D-2 in rushing for past several years...
1. You Have to handle the perimeter
- Arc Blocks
- crack & switch block
- changing formations
2. Your Running Back can't dance.
Be decisive (1 Cut on Toss Sweep & run the 200 m on Fly Sweep)
3. Get your B Back the ball on the perimeter with B Back Toss
4. Use Unbalanced & Quads Formations to outnumber the defense and get the ball on the edge fast!
LEARN VARIATIONS TO THE TOSS
- Pull Pin
Coach Lee played & coached under his Hall-of-Fame father
Played QB in both the WingT and the Air Raid
Coach Lee has ran TRIPLE OPTION for 20 years....
- from Flexbone, Wishbone, I Bone, Split Backs, and Gun-Option
- has led the nation multiple times in Rushing Offense & Time of Possession
- has been in the Top 10 in the nation in Total Offense, Scoring Offense, Pass Effeciency, & Yards Per Pass Completion
The GROUND STRIKE Triple Option also works at high school level....
- The all-time leader in career win percentage at Eastern New Mexico....Coach Lee also took a 1-9 high school team to the state semi-finals
- at Valencia HS in New Mexico, he took over a 1-9 program and turned them into a contender going 26-9, reaching state playoffs all 3 years while averaging 50 points per game.
He understands what it is like to coach at the high school level
Coach Lee's Coaching Career...
- 2017-present has been HC at Eastern New Mexico
- 2019 Number 2 rushing offense in NCAA Division II i
- 2017 led all of Division II in three categories during the season including rushing offense (352.7 ypg) and time of possession (36:40),
- 2012-2016 was OC at Eastern New Mexico.
- Number one rushing offense in Lone Star conference at 345 yards per game
- three running backs that have set the single-season record for rushing yards and career record for rushing yards in Paul Terry, (1,881, 2019) E'lon Spight (1,611; 2014) and Kamal Cass (4,301; 2014-17), respectively.
- 2009-11 was HC/AD at Valencia HS.
- 2008 as OC at Midland College where offense ranked Top 10 in NAIA in several categories
- 2006-07 as OC at New Mexico Military Instituge, finished 2nd in nation in rushing both years
- 2004-05 OC the Hot Springs High School
- 2002-03 was RB & QB coach at Eastern New Mexico
- 1996-2000 played QB at Western New Mexico
- Played in 4 state championships in football, basketball, and track at Hot Springs HS in New Mexico