Mesh and Shallow Cross Variations: Scotty Waldenby Scotty Walden
This course includes:
- A breakdown of mesh routes and concepts
- Plays for defeating quarters coverage and man coverage
- Motions and other manipulations against the defense
- Importance of check downs
- How to generate big plays out of mesh concepts
Scotty Walden is the Co-Offensive Coordinator and Wide Receivers coach at the University of Southern Mississippi. Last year, Walden was honored by the American Football Coaches Association by being a Top 35 coach under 35 years of age. In addition, he was promoted to Co-Offensive Coordinator during the spring of 2019. Coach Walden was previously the head football coach at Division III East Texas Baptist University. He was also the offensive coordinator at Sul Ross State in 2012, and started at quarterback for Dordt College (2008) and Sul Ross State University (2011).