Things I wish I knew the first year with the Unbalanced Single Wingby Coaches Clinic
This is a two Part series outlining Coaching Points I wished I had known the first year running the Unbalanced Single Wing Offense with my youth team.
Topics Covered (Part #1):
● First Year Tips
● The Base and suggested tweaks
● Play Calling
● G.O.D. Blocking, Foot to Foot Splits, and How We Teach It
● Running Back Stance, Alignment, and Importance of Fakes and Teaching them
● Additional Formations and Plays
● Selling the Single Wing to your Coaches
Topics Covered (Part #2 ):
● Off Tackle Adjustments Considerations for Weight Restricted Leagues.
● Additional way to run ISO.
● Additional Quick Side Plays:
● Why No Huddle and No Huddle Tweaks.
● Evaluation Drills and Suggestions for scoring.
● Sample Practice Plan Format
Rob Rhodes is one of the founding members of Coaches-Clinic.com and a self-professed youth football addict. For the past 9 seasons his teams have utilized the Winning Youth Football Single Wing System from the 1st – 8th grade levels. During this time, he has been a part of teams that have reached the league championship 5 times winning 3.