35 Small-Sided Games Playbook for Player Developmentby Tony Miller
Looking for small-sided game ideas for your basketball practices? Here are 35 of my favorite SSGs we use to train individual and team skill development.
- 16 1v1 Games
- 8 Outnumbered games (e.g., 2v1, 4v3)
- 11 Team Games
All play diagrams and playbooks found on this site are created using FastDraw, the #1 coaching tool from FastModel Sports. Visit fastmodelsports.com to learn more about FastDraw, FastScout and other FMS products designed to help coaches create, collaborate and communicate better with their staff, players and programs. New subscribers are eligible for a discount by entering the code AQT10 at checkout.
Bio on Dr. Tony Miller:
- Sports coaching professor at Bob Jones University (Greenville, SC).
- Assistant men's basketball coach for the BJU Bruins (NCAA D3).
- Contributor to FastModel Sports on topics related to basketball tactics, strategy, and player development.
- Host of "A Quick Timeout" podcast for basketball coaches.