How To Score In Non-Traditional Waysby Jacque Rivera
Coach Jacque Rivera has quickly become one of the most successful prep coaches in the Northeast. Part of Coach Rivera's success comes from finding ways to score through non-traditional ways.
- Offensive Rebounding on Free Throws
- Coach Rivera teaches his players where to stand on the lane lines to execute their X, Y & Z plays to get extra opportunities to score off missed free throws.
- Down 2 or 3 points with under 5 seconds left? Coach Rivera gives us his favorite ways to get a bucket off a missed free throw.
- Defensive Rebounding into Transition off of Free Throw
- "Rocket" & "Maverick" are two plays Coach Rivera uses to give his players an advantage to score off an opponent's free throw
- These plays work because opponents have been conditioned that this is a good time to take a break.
- High risk, high reward
- Favorite defensive action coming out of halftime to steal a possession
- BLOB's which work against man & zone
Jacque Rivera | Head Coach | Woodstock Academy
Coach Jacque Rivera just completed his first season as head coach at Woodstock Academy. Coach Rivera took over at Woodstock after being the head coach of The MacDuffie School in Granby, MA. Prior to entering the prep ranks, Coach Rivera was the head coach at Dean Tech, a high school in Holyoke, MA, after being head freshman coach and varsity assistant at Springfield (MA) Central High School.
|Freshman Head Coach and Varsity Assistant at Springfield Central High
|Prior to 2011
|Dean Tech Head Coach
|The MacDuffie School Head Coach
|Woodstock Academy Head Coach