Small Sided games to teach elite offensive decision making PLUS more drills to teach `Position Pressure` individual defence.by Coach Liam Flynn
In this video, I go through my method of teaching individual offence within a team dynamic - called 'advantage based offence'. I show how individual offensive skills can be taught, developed and applied much more effectively in a team environment than through individual practice.
The video includes important offensive concepts like - What is an advantage? How do we create advantages? Once we create an advantage, how do we attack the best advantage?
The 'advantaged based offence' is taught through 'small sided games' which are fun, dynamic and engaging scenarios for athletes to play in to learn the concepts. These games work on a variety of key offensive ideas such as spacing, ball movement, individual offence, decision making and shot selection.
Additionally, the video also includes MORE 'Position Pressure' individual defensive drills. These build on my first individual defence video (`Position Pressure` - teaching aggressive individual defence) which can be purchased at:
- Current Assistant Coach of Hapoel Jeruslem in the FIBA Basketball Champions League and Israeli Winner League
- International Experience - NBA Consultant, Coach in the German Bunderliga, Chinese CBA & New Zealand NZNBL
- Six years of coaching experience in Australian First division (NBL)
- Fifteen years of coaching experience in Australian Second Division
- Twenty Years Coaching experience at Junior Elite Level in Australia
- Masters in Sports Coaching (University of Queensland).
- World wide coach educator and clinician