SSGs for Player Development and Team Defenseby Tony Miller
Want to maximize your practice time? Coach Tony Miller will show you how to use small-sided games to simultaneously develop your players skills while also teaching team defense. These resources will provide a framework for building individual and team defensive skills into both individual workouts and team practices. Whether you're a traditional man-to-man coach, Pack Line coach, or zone defense coach, there are SSGs for teaching transition defense, on-ball defense, closeouts, help defense, and rebounding.
Included in the course:
- 30:00 presentation
- SSG Drill book (diagrams & videos) (PDF)
All play diagrams and playbooks found on this site are created using FastDraw, the #1 coaching tool from FastModel Sports. Visit fastmodelsports.com to learn more about FastDraw, FastScout and other FMS products designed to help coaches create, collaborate and communicate better with their staff, players and programs. New subscribers are eligible for a discount by entering the code SAVE10 at checkout.
Bio on Dr. Tony Miller:
- Sports coaching professor at Bob Jones University (Greenville, SC).
- Assistant men's basketball coach for the BJU Bruins (NCAA D3).
- Contributor to FastModel Sports on topics related to basketball tactics, strategy, and player development.
- Host of "A Quick Timeout" podcast for basketball coaches.