Course 1: Formations, Motions, Personnelby Kelley Lee
Coach Lee has led the NCAA in Rushing & Time of Possession multiple times at the NCAA DII level
This video covers all the different formations and motions he uses to keep defenses honest
- Double Slot
- Balanced Sets
- Unbalanced Sets
- Trips & Quads
- 30, 31, 32, 20, 21, 10 Personelle Groupings
Coach Lee played & coached under his Hall-of-Fame father
- Played QB in both the WingT and the Air Raid
Learned Triple Option from legend Harold "Bud" Elliot who was in the Fisher DeBerry & Ken Hatfield coaching tree
Coach Lee has ran TRIPLE OPTION for 20 years....
- --> from Flexbone, Wishbone, I Bone, Split Backs, Gun, and Pistol
-->has led the nation multiple times in Rushing and Time of Possession
-->has finished in the Top 10 in Scoring Offense, Total Offense, Pass Effeciency, 3rd/4th Down Conversion, & Yards Per Pass Completion
--> The all-time leader in career win percentage at Eastern New Mexico University
—>12-0 as a College Head Coach in games decided by 7 points or less
The GROUND STRIKE Triple Option also works at high school level....
Coach Lee also took a 1-9 high school team to the state semi-finals
- at Valencia HS in New Mexico, he took over a 1-9 program and turned them into a contender going 26-9, reaching state playoffs all 3 years while averaging 50 points per game.
He understands what it is like to coach at the high school level
Coach Lee's Coaching Career...
- 2017-present has been HC at Eastern New Mexico
- 2019 Number 2 rushing offense in NCAAaa Division II
- 2017 led all of Division II in 3 categories during the 2017 season including rushing offense (352.7 ypg), and time of possession (36:40),
- 2012-2016 was OC at Eastern New Mexico.
- Number one rushing offense in Lone Star conference at 345 yards per game
- three running backs that have set the single-season record for rushing yards and career record for rushing yards in Paul Terry, (1,881, 2019) E'lon Spight (1,611; 2014) and Kamal Cass (4,301;2014-17), respectively.
- 2009-11 was HC at Valencia HS.
- 2008 was OC at Midland College where offense ranked Top 10 in NAIA in several categories
- 2006-07 as OC at New Mexico Military Instituge, finished 2nd in nation in rushing both years
- 2004-05 OC at Hot Springs High School
- 2002-03 was RB & QB coach at Eastern New Mexico
- 1996-2000 played QB at Western New Mexico
- Played in 4 state championships in football, basketball, and track at Hot Springs HS in New Mexico