Course 10: Counter Tre, Gun Counter Tre Read Option, & Trick Playsby Kelley Lee
WHAT?? A Flexbone Team running Shotgun?
A Triple Option team running Counter Tre?
...and trick plays?
This course puts the FUN in the Flexbone....let's just call it the FUN-BONE...
- Counter Tre
- Gun Read Counter Tre
- 3 Back Gun Formations like Diamond and Pack
- Cruiser Concepts
- Trips and Spread Formations
This NCAA Division II rushing leader Eastern New Mexico's Shotgun Package
.....but hold on....they run it both under center & shotgun
And we did promise fun right?
BONUS: 12 Trick Plays
Coach Lee played & coached under his Hall-of-Fame father
Played QB in both the WingT and the Air Raid
- Coach Lee has ran TRIPLE OPTION for 20 years....
from Flexbone, Wishbone, I Bone, Split Backs, Gun-Option, & Pistol
- The all-time leader in career win percentage at Eastern New Mexico....
- has led the nation multiple times in Rushing and Time of Possession
- has finished in the Top 10 in the nation in Scoring Offense, Total Offense, Pass Effeciency, 3rd/4th Down Conversion, & Yards Per Pass Completion
- 12-0 as a College Head Coach in games decided by 7 points or less
The GROUND STRIKE Triple Option also works at high school level....
- Coach Lee also took a 1-9 high school team to the state semi-finals
- at Valencia HS in New Mexico, he took over a 1-9 program and turned them into a contender going 26-9, reaching state playoffs all 3 years while averaging 50 points per game.
He understands what it is like to coach at the high school level
Coach Lee's Coaching Career...
- 2017-present has been HC at Eastern New Mexico
- in 2017 led all of Division II in 3 categories during the season including rushing offense (352.7 ypg) and time of possession (36:40),
- in 2019 finished 2nd in the NCAA DII in rushing and 1st in Time of Possession
- 2012-2016 was OC at Eastern New Mexico.
- Number one rushing offense in Lone Star conference at 345 yards per game
- three running backs that have set the single-season record for rushing yards and career record for rushing yards in Paul Terry, (1,881, 2019) E'lon Spight (1,611; 2014) and Kamal Cass (4,301;2014-17), respectively.
- 2009-11 was HC at Valencia HS.
- 2008 as OC at Midland College where offense ranked Top 10 in NAIA in several categories
- 2006-07 as OC at New Mexico Military Instituge, finished 2nd in nation in rushing both years (5th in Total Offense in 2006)
- 20045 OC at Hot Springs High School
- 2001-03 was RB & QB coach at Eastern New Mexico
- 1996-2000 played QB at Western New Mexico
- Played in 4 state championships in football, basketball, and track at Hot Springs HS in New Mexico