Course 10: Counter Series with Unlimited Blockingby Roger Holmes
Quickly learn why Coach Holmes has set the Georgia scoring record TWICE. No Air Raid, No RPOs...just good, fundamentals with blocking rules that have answers to every defense.
- Create the big play opportunities with the counter series
- The double handoff counter is not a gadget play...it is one of Coach Holmes main plays!
- Tackle Trap is the counter off the Belly Fake
- Run your counter game from spread formations as well as tight formations
Once the belly and off-tackle plays have been established, it's time to attack inside and with misdirection to take advantage of overly aggressive defensive players .
Catch your opponent off guard and neutralize a fast attacking defense with an effective counter game.
Roger Holmes counter series offers an excellent change up for teams who are running power plays with success and seeing the defense taking chances to get back in the game.
The counter will freeze the feet of high octane athletes who want blow up your precision timed offense.
Using a marker board, Coach Holmes draws out each play against four defenses, complete with blocking assignments and rules for each play to highlight the nuances of blocking against even and odd fronts. After diagramming each play he shows how the play is run through game video. Each play is viewed from the press box and from the end zone.
Coach Holmes has many different ways to block these two plays, plus a multitude of formations to run them out of. The more looks you have the more deception you have offensively. This puts the defense on their heels and destroys any rhythm to make plays.
Whether you run the wing-T offense or not, Coach Holme's instruction will help you implement and use counter plays to create big play opportunities.
73 minutes. 2020.
Coach Holmes has been a Head Football Coach for 29 years–the past 18 years at Dublin High School, Georgia. He has won 157 games with 8 Region Championships and 1 State Championship game with the Fighting Irish. Before coming to Georgia, Coach Holmes had won 73 games in eleven years at Beech High School, Tennessee.
His overall football record as head coach is 231-108-1.
- STATE COACH OF THE YEAR in bothTennessee (1995) and Georgia (2002 & 2006)
- Georgia Athletic Coaches Association COACH-OF-THE-YEAR in 2002, 2005, & 2006.
- Georgia Record for most points scored in a regular season in 2005 (549)
- Georgia Record for points scored in a full season in 2006 (682).
Coach Holmes has been a National Wing-T Speaker of the Glazier Clinics, speaking at over 20 clinics.
Ratings and Reviews (10)
CourseAdd to Cart
This Course Includes
|24 hours on-demand video|
|Streaming from mobile and TV|
|Certificate of completion|
|100% money back guarantee|
|Caterory:||Football/Wing-T Run Game|