Course 12: Post-Wheel-Swing Package & Screensby Kelley Lee
An Under Center Triple Option Flexbone Team running an Air Raid concept???
The GROUND STRIKE TRIPLE OPTION SYSTEM isn't your grandfathers veer option offense
- Post - Wheel - Swing
- Curl - Wheel - Swing
- Crack & Go -Wheel -Swing
- Pick / Rub - Wheel Cocepts
- Sprint Draw
Coach Lee ran these concepts as high school coach who took a 1-9 program to a 12-1 semi-final finish in Year 3
Using the GROUND STRIKE Offense, Lee produced 3 of the highest scoring offenses in New Mexico high school history
Post Wheel is a traditionally called the switch route in triple option circles...but of course Lee has taken the concept to another level
- Post - wheel - swing
- Curl - wheel - swing
- Crack & Go - wheel - swing
- Rub/Pick Concepts
Why and When to run each variation
What coverage to run each concept against
How to run the patterns to the Field and to the Boundary
Coach Lee played & coached under his Hall-of-Fame father
Played QB in both the WingT and the Air Raid
Coach Lee has ran TRIPLE OPTION for 20 years....
--> from Flexbone, Wishbone, I Bone, Split Backs, Gun, and Pistol
-->has led the nation multiple times in Rushing and Time of Possession
-->has finished in the Top 10 in Scoring Offense, Total Offense, Pass Effeciency, 3rd/4th Down Conversion, & Yards Per Pass Completion
The GROUND STRIKE Triple Option also works at high school level....
-->Coach Lee also took a 1-9 high school team to the state semi-finals
-->at Valencia HS in New Mexico, he took over a 1-9 program and turned them into a contender going 26-9, reaching state playoffs all 3 years while averaging 50 points per game.
He understands what it is like to coach at the high school level
Coach Lee's Coaching Career...
- 2017-present has been HC at Eastern New Mexico
- 2019Number 2 rushing offense in NCAA Division II
- 2017 led all of Division II in three categories during the season including rushing offense (352.7 ypg), and time of possession (36:40),
- 2012-2016 was OC at Eastern New Mexico.
- Number one rushing offense in Lone Star conference at 345 yards per game
- three running backs that have set the single-season record for rushing yards and career record for rushing yards in Paul Terry, (1,881, 2019) E'lon Spight (1,611; 2014) and Kamal Cass (4,301;2014-17), respectively.
- 2009-11 was HC at Valencia HS.
- 2008 was OC at Midland College where offense ranked Top 10 in NAIA in several categories
- 2006-07 as OC at New Mexico Military Instituge, finished 2nd in nation in rushing both years
- 2002-03 was RB & QB coach at Eastern New Mexico
- 1996-2000 played QB at Western New Mexico
- Played in 4 state championships in football, basketball, and track at Hot Springs HS in New Mexico