Course 14: Downfield RPOsby Eric Marty
MULTIPLE GUN OFFENSE uses Tight Ends & Multiple Personnel Groupings
The Multiple Gun Offense is ultra efficient and effective, using different formations, motions, plays, and concepts.
Coach Marty will teach you the foundational principles to his TIGHT END DRIVEN MULTIPLE GUN OFFENSE so that you can implement at whatever level you are at!
This is the second part of MULTIPLE GUN OFFENSE RPO system.
RPO’s can be a huge asset for any offense – but an often-overlooked element of running RPO’s is that you are putting a huge amount of trust in your quarterback.
Coach Marty regularly employees RPO options into his run concept but he very clearly articulates the Quarterback’s responsibility and priorities to ensure maximum efficiency and success.
Coach Marty will break down the three different mesh styles and the downfield RPO’s that Reedley employees to create explosive play opportunities with limited risk Most importantly, he gives you the rules he gives his quarterbacks!
His downfield RPO system is an awesome way to help simplify or reduce the reads and decision a quarterback has to make, especially on early downs.
There is a reason Reedley’s QB’s have finished 2nd and 5th in the state in passing efficiency the past two years, and the way the Tigers scheme their RPO’s and coach their quarterback to execution them goes a long way. You’re not going to want to miss this.
California Golden Coast Conference’s 2018 & 2019 Coach of the Year Eric Marty’s TIGHT END DRIVEN MULTIPLE GUN OFFENSE has propelled Reedley College Tigers to back to back 10-1 seasons, conference championships, and Top-5 Offense Rankings in California (out of 68 CA JUCO teams).
- Averaged 45.7 points per game this season (4th best in the state), and
- 41.5 points per game in 2018 (7th best in the state).
- Ranking 10th in total offense this season at 438.7 yards per game, and 5th in 2018 at 484.5 yards per game.
Most impressively, Reedley was a 1-9 team on probation prior to Marty's arrival.
- QBs have finished 2nd and 5th in efficiency in the state the past two years,
- Tailback in 2019 led the state in yards per carry, rushed for over a thousand yards, and led the state in all-purpose yardage.
- TE's have had more catches than any other collegiate TE group in the past two years.
Before accepting the Reedley Head Coach position, Coach Marty....
- East Los Angeles College Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Quarterbacks Coach in 2015.
- Moorpark College Offensive Coordinator, taking the offense from 64th in the state to 14th in just two years.
- Oklahoma Panhandle University in 2012 as the Receivers Coach and Special Teams Coordinator.
- High school coach in Washington going 11-1 in 2009 and 2011 reaching the quarterfinals of the Washington State 3A state playoffs.
- 3-year starting QB at Chapman University, compiling a 14-8 record as a starter, broke 6 school passing records, and led the team to back-to-back winning seasons in 2007 and 2008 for the first time since 1995, 1996.
- Led four different teams to League titles in four years in the Italian and Austrian Football Leagues,
- Won the 2009 Italian Superbowl and the 2010 Austrian Bowl XXVI.
- Named the MVP of Austrian Bowl XXVI.
- Professional career record of 39-8. 152 touchdown passes to 30 interceptions (5-1 TD-INT ratio).