Course 2: Inside Veer Triple Optionby Kelley Lee
Learn Triple Option from a College Coach
1st Video of a 3-part Video Series
The GROUND STRIKE triple option offense is....
- A Flexbone team that throws the ball
- Is ran Under Center, from the Gun. and out of Pistol
- Has some of WingT elements
This Video covers the BASICS of the Inside Veer
- adaptable to Wing T, Run it out of Pistol, Shotgun
- Backfield Mesh & Important Coaching Points for the FB
- Four Reads the QB will see...including how to attack a slow-playing pitch defender
Coach Lee will show you how to look at numbers so you always run it the direction where you have more blocker.
- Run it at 1-tech,
- headup 2-tech,
- and 3-tech
The Ground Strike Inside Veer can be ran....
- out of balanced set
- out of unbalanced sets (Tackle, X, or Y Over)
- with a Tight End
- without a Tight End
- YoYo Motion
- No Motion
- Load Blocking scheme by the wing
- Tags to change player assignments
Coach Lee played & coached under his Hall-of-Fame father
Played QB in both the WingT and the Air Raid
Learned Triple Option from Harold " Bud" Elliot who was in the same coaching tree as Air Force legends Fisher DeBerry & Ken Hatfield
Coach Lee has ran TRIPLE OPTION for 20 years....
--> from Flexbone, Wishbone, I Bone, Split Backs, Gun, and Pistol
-->has led the nation multiple times in Rushing and Time of Possession
-->has finished in the Top 10 in Scoring Offense, Total Offense, Pass Effeciency, 3rd/4th Down Conversion, & Yards Per Pass Completion
--> The all-time leader in career win percentage at Eastern New Mexico University
—>12-0 as a College Head Coach in games decided by 7 points or less
The GROUND STRIKE Triple Option also works at high school level....
The all-time leader in career win percentage at Eastern New Mexico....Coach Lee also took a 1-9 high school team to the state semi-finals
- at Valencia HS in New Mexico, he took over a 1-9 program and turned them into a contender going 26-9, reaching state playoffs all 3 years while averaging 50 points per game.
He understands what it is like to coach at the high school level
Coach Lee's Coaching Career...
- 2017-present has been HC at Eastern New Mexico
- 2017 Number 2 rushing offense in NCAA Division II and led nation in time of possession
- 2019 led Division II in 3 categories during the season in rushing offense (352.7 ypg), and time of possession (36:40),
- 2012-2016 was OC at Eastern New Mexico.
- Number one rushing offense in Lone Star conference at 345 yards per game
- three running backs that have set the single-season record for rushing yards and career record for rushing yards in Paul Terry, (1,881, 2019) E'lon Spight (1,611; 2014) and Kamal Cass (4,301; 2014-17), respectively.
- 2009-11 was HC at Valencia HS.
- 2008 was OC at Midland College where offense ranked Top 10 in NAIA in several Categories
- 2006-07 as OC at New Mexico Military Instituge, finished 2nd in nation in rushing both years (5th in Total Offense in 2006)
- 2004-05 OC at Hot Springs High School
- 2001-03 was RB & QB coach at Eastern New Mexico
- 1996-2000 played QB at Western New Mexico
- Played in 4 state championships in football, basketball, and track at Hot Springs HS in New Mexico