Course 4: Triple Option Arc Schemeby Kelley Lee
Learn Triple Option from a College Coach
3rd Video of a 3-part Video Series
There are 3 ways to run triple option
- inside veer
- inside veer arc scheme
- traditional triple option arc sheme
So the question is: WHY and WHEN do u need to arc?
- Coaches love inside veer triple option because 2 defenders are unblocked, allowing you to get more blockers in other places.
- PROBLEM is when the defense put THREE defenders outside the Dive Key
That's when you need an arc scheme.
And college coach Kelley Lee will spend an hour with you going over the fine points of all of this:
Coach Lee played & coached under his Hall-of-Fame father
Played QB in both the WingT and the Air Raid
Learned Triple Option from Air Force legend Fisher DeBerry
Coach Lee has ran TRIPLE OPTION for 20 years....
--> from Flexbone, Wishbone, I Bone, Split Backs, Gun, and Pistol
-->has led the nation multiple times in Rushing and Time of Possession
-->has finished in the Top 10 in Scoring Offense, Total Offense, Pass Effeciency, 3rd/4th Down Conversion, & Yards Per Pass Completion
--> The all-time leader in career win percentage at Eastern New Mexico University
—>12-0 as a College Head Coach in games decided by 7 points or less
The GROUND STRIKE Triple Option also works at high school level....
The all-time leader in career win percentage at Eastern New Mexico....Coach Lee also took a 1-9 high school team to the state semi-finals
- at Valencia HS in New Mexico, he took over a 1-9 program and turned them into a contender going 26-9, reaching state playoffs all 3 years while averaging 50 points per game.
He understands what it is like to coach at the high school level
Coach Lee's Coaching Career...
- 2017-present has been HC at Eastern New Mexico
- 2019 Number 2 rushing offense in NCAA Division II and led nation in time of possession
- 2017 led Division II in 3 categories during the seasonincluding Rushing offense (352.7 ypg), and time of possession (36:40),
- 2012-2016 was OC at Eastern New Mexico.Number one rushing offense in Lone Star conference at 345 yards per game
- three running backs that have set the single-season record for rushing yards and career record for rushing yards in Paul Terry, (1,881, 2019) E'lon Spight (1,611; 2014) and Kamal Cass (4,301; 2014-17), respectively.
- 2009-11 was HC at Valencia HS.
- 2008 as OC at Midland College where offense ranked Top 10 in NAIA in several categories
- 2006-07 as OC at New Mexico Military Instituge, finished 2nd in nation in rushing both years (5th in Nation in Total Offense in 2006)
- 2004-05 OC at Hot Springs High School
- 2001-03 was RB & QB coach at Eastern New Mexico
- 1996-2000 played QB at Western New Mexico
- Played in 4 state championships in football, basketball, and track at Hot Springs HS in New Mexico