Inside Veer Deep Diveby Kelley Lee
Learn Triple Option from a College Coach
1st Video of a 3-part Video Series
The GROUND STRIKE triple option offense is....
- A Flexbone team that throws the ball
- Is ran Under Center, from the Gun. and out of Pistol
- Has some of WingT elements
How to run Inside Veer from an O-Line coach perspective. HEAVY emphasis on the blocking
Coach McCraw will show you how to look at numbers so you always run it the direction where you have more blocker.
- Run it at 1-tech,
- headup 2-tech,
- and 3-tech
The Ground Strike Inside Veer can be ran....
- out of unbalanced sets (Tackle, X, or Y Over)
- with a Tight End
- without a Tight End
Eastern New Mexico OL Coach Andrew McCraw
- 2017 Number 2 rushing offense in NCAA Division II and led nation in time of possession
- 2019 led Division II in 3 categories during the season in rushing offense (352.7 ypg), and time of possession (36:40),
- Number one rushing offense in Lone Star conference at 345 yards per game
- three running backs that have set the single-season record for rushing yards and career record for rushing yards in Paul Terry, (1,881, 2019) E'lon Spight (1,611; 2014) and Kamal Cass (4,301; 2014-17), respectively.
The GROUND STRIKE Triple Option also works at high school level....
....Coach Lee also took a 1-9 high school team to the state semi-finals
- at Valencia HS in New Mexico, he took over a 1-9 program and turned them into a contender going 26-9, reaching state playoffs all 3 years while averaging 50 points per game.