Oklahoma Offensive Breakdown 2019 Week 2by The Assistant Coach
Oklahoma offensive breakdown from week 2 2019 vs South Dakota.
The Sooners won 70 - 14 and played 3 quarterbacks.
Most coaches wouldn't see this game as an opportunity to dive into the OU offense and the mind of Lincoln Riley, but I saw it as an opportunity to find some of their base concepts at work.
OU ran 72 plays for 733 yards. The Sooners were tossed the ball for 423 yards in the air and ran 310 on the ground.
Included in this course:
- A PDF of each play drawn up vs the defense with D&D, Time, Gain, and Yard Line
- An excel document that includes the above information plus other categories such as play type and concepts
- A video explanation of two of their fundamental concepts. The Counter RPO paired with the Now Screen and the Hitch Seam concept.
- Clips of the Counter RPO and Hitch Seam Concepts
- Youtube link to the game
How to use this course?
Analyze the excel document for pertinent information that interests you. Use it to get inside the mind, philosophy, and offense of Lincoln Riley and the Oklahoma Sooners. Analyze the play diagrams for play construction, the reasoning behind the play, and adaptability to your offense.
Cody Wilson was a 4 sport athlete in high school, playing Football, Basketball, Track, and Powerlifting. In college, he started 3 years on the OL for Louisiana College while earning two degrees: Mathematics Education and Applied Mathematics in 2012. Wilson earned his master's degree in Educational Leadership from Southeastern Louisiana University in 2016.
Coach Wilson has a broad history of offensive background. In high school, he played in a traditional Wing T system, in college it was the Tony Franklin Spread, while coaching at ECCC he experienced a Pro-Style 1 Back Offense, and at Patterson HS he has been in a Pro I system. Other stops have included variations and mixtures of these offenses. Over the years, Coach Wilson has sent nearly 20 of his position players on to the next level, from JUCO to D1, from HS to College, and even 1 to the NFL.
- 2011 Assistant OL - Louisiana College
- 2012 TE's - Louisiana College
- 2013 Spring DB's - Louisiana College
- 2013 TE/RB - East Central Community College
- 2014 - 2016 Co - OL - Denham Springs High School
- 2017 OC QB/OL - Morgan City High School
- 2018 - Present OL - Patterson High School
Coach Wilson also has a website and social media outlets that he shares regularly as well. You can follow him here: