Pistol Wing T: Buck Sweepby AllAccessCoaching
POWERFUL WING T RUN GAME MARRIED TO THE EXPLOSIVE SPREAD OFFENSE !!
If you need an offensive system that is both fun and can get you proven results, the Pistol Wing T is your answer. This course is OVER AN HOUR long. 20 minutes of game film and another 10 minutes of Stewart on the field with players teaching the footwork and drills. This is not just a powerpoint or a coach talking on the whiteboard. Rick Stewart covers every single detail of the Buck Sweep.
In this course you will learn:
- INTRICATE BLOCKING DETAILS TO RUN BUCK SWEEP
- Blocking assignments vs 4-3, 3-4, 4-4, and 3-3 defense.
- Explains "why" it is better to put your lineman back off the line of scrimmage.
- Explains the Gap-Down-Backer run blocking rule. Most coaches think they know, but really don't understand it.
- Best aiming points for the down blocks. What to do versus penetrators and D-Linemen who "spin" out of their blocks
- How the Train Track principle takes care of defensive players moving after the snap and also takes care of any blitzes.
- Detailed explanation and game film of the paths and steps the pulling guards take.
- How to handle double A-gap blitzes and how the backside Guard picks up playside blitzing.
BACKS & QUARTERBACK
- How to get your backs run to fake and run hard
- Step by step of practice and game film of how the footwork changes with your QB in the Pistol formation.
- Why the wing blocking the Defensive End is actually an easy block.
Stewart shows his 140lb wing blocking 220lb ends in games !!! Proof is in gamefilm.
Defensive Coaches: Find out what’s going on inside the mind of a wing T or Pistol Wing T coach as well as which defense is the most difficult to handle with the buck sweep and which blitz causes it the most trouble.
Coach Stewart has coached football for 27 years, winning championships with 6th graders, 8th graders, high school freshman, and high school varsity. He coached 9 years at the youth and freshman level, always serving as head coach. After completing his college at age of 28 he has coached 16 years at the varsity level, the past 10 as the varsity head coach.
Coach Stewart has specialized in turning around losing programs. As a first year varsity assistant at McFarland, he helped them break a 19 game losing streak going 8-2 and making the playoffs for the 4th time in 75 year history of the school. He left McFarland to coach DBs & WRs at North-Bakersfield and then become OC at Delano High before returning to McFarland as head coach in 2003. McFarland went 1-19 during his absence, but he got them back into the playoffs in his 2nd year as the head coach. McFarland had no weight room, 3 coaching stipends, 600 students in the school, and every student was in the free lunch program.
Coach moved on to Corcoran, with 900 students and a football weight training class. They were on a 27-game losing streak prior to his arrival but were undefeated league champions in Year 2.
The pinnacle of his career was Porterville, a D-3 school with 2,000 students in a rural, agricultural setting. They had never won a playoff game in 100 years and had only won 8 games in the 5 years before his arrival. He started a 501(c) booster club from scratch, formed 3 youth feeder teams by fundraising $25,000, and completely re-built the dilapidated weight room with $40,000.
After going 2-8 in his first year (losing a game in OT and another by 4 points), Porterville won 36 games in four years, won 6 playoff games, a league championship, and played for back-to-back section championships.
During his 10 year career, Stewart has re-built all of these schools despite NEVER COACHING A SCHOLARSHIP PLAYER !!! Also, he has only lost 2 players to grades in his entire career as his Academic Gameplan is a solid, year-round program. But Stewart’s strength is Team Building…at all 4 levels: Players, Coaches, Campus, & Community.
Coach Stewart served 4 years in the USMC and has a bachelors in biology and minors in chemistry and physics. He is credentialed to teach all 3 sciences, as well as Physcial Education. He has taught for 14 years the subjects Physics (AP and CP), Chemistry (AP and CP), Earth Science, Life Science, Biology, Anatomy, and Integrated Science. He has taught Advanced Strength and Conditioning that past 5 years.
You can contact Coach Stewart at: firstname.lastname@example.org