Understanding Position Maintenance: In M.O.F. Closed Principlesby DanteBartee
Understanding Position Maintenance: In M.O.F. Closed Principles
Cover 1 and Cover 3 are making a comeback. These coverages, that fall under the umbrella of 1 High Safety, are trending and making a rise in order to stop both Spread and RPO offensive attacks.
Points that will be covered in this course:
- Why 1 High Safety coverages are designed to better defense RPO's and Spread Offensive attacks
- Understanding Safety proper Safety alignment to take away the offensive seams
- Understanding Divider rules
- Identifying coverage areas
- Teaching precise alignment, leverage, and understanding of coverage assignments
- Maintaining proper trail position
- Understandind where the coverage help comes from
- Recognizing poor alignment and poor positioning
- Creating a Three Level defense to take away the offenses big plays
- Understanding proper coverage starts from the inside out
- Understand how the offense is attacking and how the defense utilizes counter measures.
Dante Bartee is a rising star in the football coaching profession. His expertise in defensive teaching methodologies are beginning to be noticed by his peers.
Dante joined the Upper Iowa University football staff for his first season in 2018-19 as an assistant coach. Bartee coaches the linebackers for the Peacocks.
Bartee comes to Fayette from Tempe, Arizona where he has coached at Perry High School in Gilbert for the last four years.
At Perry, Bartee began his coaching career early on. As a junior and senior, he helped the coaching staff with film analysis and scout teams. Beginning in 2014, Bartee was part of the coaching staff for the varsity team at Perry; he was 18. In Bartee's second season he was the co-defensive coordinator before taking the role on his own over the last two seasons.
While coaching with the Pumas, Bartee completed his Bachelors Degree in justice studies at Arizona State University in December 2017.