Youth Offensive Line Fundamentalsby Coaches Clinic
On many youth football teams the Offensive Line is one of the most neglected units and least popular positions to play. In this course bundle Coaches Clint Schumacher and Michael O'Gorman cover a number of topics that make playing O-Line fun while improving your players aggression and ability to block.
Coach Schumacher (Offensive Line Fundamentals for 4th to the 8th Grade)
- Mind-set – the I Ams
- Match Your Offensive Philosophy
- Stance (2 point, 3 point, 4 point)
- Drills for a Power Scheme
- Drills for a Zone Scheme
- Drills for the Passing Game
- Resources for Further Study
Coach O'Gorman (How to be the Coach Your O-Line Deserves)
- Creating an environment in which players want to get on the O-line rather than off.
- A blocking technique that allows smaller guys to move bigger guys.
- Drills that teach kids block, one on one, in space, and aggressively.
- Ways to incentivize O-line (legal) violence and aggression.
Coach O'Gorman (If that's Zone Blocking, how come it's so Nasty?)
- Our “philosophy” of combo blocking, and how it was introduced to, and taught to, the players, so that combos resulted in two violent and sustained one-on-one blocks.
- How the man one-on-one drills were adapted to teach zone footwork.
- The new scoring systems for the drills.
- The two-on-two combo drill that was added.
- How film was graded to give players even more incentive to stay on blocks.
- More on how to get blocks that are aggressive and nasty.
Coach Schumacher's BIO:
Coach Clint Schumacher coaches in Dallas, Texas. He has coached football at all youth levels from 1st through 8th grade. As an 8-year head coach, his teams’ records are a combined 87-19-1. However, his favorite stat is that his teams have a 95+% retention rate. Coach Schumacher’s teams emphasize character development using a weekly curriculum that has an in-home component (that parents are encouraged to do with their kids) and an in-practice component that is discussed as a team. Character traits discussed include sportsmanship, coachability, 100% effort, teamwork, compassion, positive attitude, consistency, stepping up, speaking out (justice), selflessness, and humility. Coach Schumacher was the PCA National Double Win Coach of the Year Finalist in 2013 and is a USA Football, Certified Player-Safety Coach. Coach Schumacher has been married for 24 years and has three boys (ages 14, 12, 9). Coach Schumacher has a BBA in Accounting from Abilene Christian University (1994) and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Texas (1997).
Coach O'Gorman's BIO:
Coached O-Line for seven years, won one Super Bowl. Overall record 43-26 across ten different staffs (including 7-2 as a Head Coach).
Coached rowing for 23 years. Crews won 27 national championships in various events.
Have coached, in football or rowing, every age from 4 to 50+.