Style of Play: Richie Burkeby America Scores
This course offers insight and analysis into:
1. Define a Specific Style of Play or your team in both phases (with/without the ball)
2. Create a Team Identity and formulate guidelines to develop players within that identity
3. Clearly Defined Principles of Play: (Attacking, Midfield, Defensive)
4. Transition Plan or important moments of the game & assign roles for key players
5. Training and Match Preparedness
Richie Burke is the Director of Football and Head Coach for the Washington Spirit. The stops along the way of Burke’s coaching career has included D.C. United’s academy, National Cathedral School’s girls' program, FC Virginia youth club and, in 2012-13, the head position for Scottish men’s club Livingston. He is a native of Liverpool, England, and played at American University in the early 1980s.