The Future of College Soccer: Sasho Cirovskiby America Scores
This course analyzes:
1. The 21st Century Model Timeline
- What is the model about
- Support of 21st Cenutry Model
- 21st Century Model for D2 & D3
2. The Current State of College Soccer
- Importance of its platform
- College Soccer Recruitment
3. College Soccer: The Best U23 Development Platform in the World
4. Growing the Game in America
- Impact of Academys and the MLS
Upon his arrival in College Park in 1993, Sasho Cirovski has transformed Maryland into a national soccer power, leading the Terps to the 2018, 2008 and 2005 NCAA titles, nine College Cup appearances, and 15 conference titles, all the while producing numerous top-level professional players. Now entering his 28th season at Maryland, the 2018 Top Drawer Soccer National Coach of the Year and 2005 NSCAA National Coach of the Year has instilled his passion for excellence in a soccer program that expects to compete for the national title every season, while also working to elevate the college game on a national stage with innovative new ideas and proposals.
During his tenure with the Terps, Maryland has been to the NCAA Tournament 25 times, advancing to the College Cup in nine of those years, including four-straight appearances from 2002-05, culminating in the NCAA title in 2005. The Terps have also captured eight conference tournament titles (1996, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016) and six conference regular season titles (2003, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015) during his stay in College Park.