Wide Receiver Techniques with Malik McClainby Malik McClain
Gaining seperation from defensive backs comes from a combination of athleticism, technique and knowledge. If you are not blessed with athleticism then you need to have elite technique and knowledge... both of these you will learn in this course.
In this course, I take you from the foundations of route running to the end goal. On the journey, we will look at all the components that make the finished picture. We will dive into:
- Correct warm-up for injury prevention and muscle activation.
- Variations of hand and catching drills.
- Concepts to gain separation.
- Forward and lateral movement combinations for maximum stability.
- Examples of routes and how to drive quick breaks.
- ...And more.
Being a Wide Receiver can offer the most joy or the most frustration. Through these steps, you will ensure consistency in your routes by being on another level to your opponent.
Wide Receiver Penn State out of Daphne, Alabama. Was the nations 43rd ranked wide receiver and 267th overall recruit by 247sports composite. Malik also ranked in the ESPN top 300 after his season at IMG Academy in Florida. Malik helped lead his team to an undefeated record while catching 3 touchdowns and racking up 15 catches for 258 yards in 2020. Also a stand-out basketball player, McClain is on pace to be a key contributor on offense for the Seminoles by using his athleticism and route-running abilities.
- 1st Year Starter for Florida State
- No. 43 wide receiver on 247Sports Composite
- Four-star wide receiver