Volleyball: The Fundamentals for Pin Hittersby Megan Cooney
Playing volleyball at this level was not possible without all of the amazing coaches I worked with growing up. This course is designed to provide skilled coaching on the fundamentals of attacking by breaking down the footwork and arm work of the approach, identifyng key areas to attack on the court, discussing defensive block moves, and how to transition from offense to defense. This course is great for beginner-intermediate players looking to perfect their fundamentals to become an elite outside/rightside attacker for their club or school team.
Hello! I'm Megan Cooney. I played volleyball at the University of Illinois as a rightside and outside pin attacker from 2017-2021. I am grateful to have experienced playing at the top level of collegiate volleyball. During this time, I helped my team to the NCAA Volleyball Championship with finishes in the Final Four (2018), Sweet Sixteen (2017 & 2021), and Round 1 (2019).
Stats (from Fightingillini.com)
- Big Ten All-Freshman Team
- Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week (10/16)
- Played in all but two matches as a freshman, starting 29 matches and playing in 118 sets.
- Ranked fourth on the team with 236 kills for a 2.00 kills per set average on a .292 hitting percentage.
- Ranked third on the squad with 91 blocks, including three solo stuffs, for a 0.77 blocks per set mark, while also registering 34 digs, eight assists and one service ace.
- Big Ten Co-Player of the Week (9/10)
- Academic All-Big Ten
- Started 33 of the 36 matches she played in as a sophomore.
- Totaled the second-most kills on the team with 343 on a .279 hitting percentage, while also ranking fourth on the team with 80 blocks.
- Played in all 30 matches
- Ranked second on the team with 347 kills on a .212 hitting percentage, to go along with 55.0 total blocks, including ranking second on the team with nine solo blocks, and also adding 50 digs
- All-Big Ten Second-Team
- Played in 16 matches in the conference-only 2020-21 shortened season
- Big Ten Medal of Honor
- AVCA All-America Honorable Mention
- AVCA Northeast All-Region
- All-Big Ten First-Team
- CoSIDA Academic All-District
- Played in 147 of the 152 matches in her five seasons to rank third all-time in matches played and finished her career as the program’s all-time leader in sets played (554)
- Concluded her career ranked 10th all-time with 1,507 kills and 1,734.5 points, while also totaling 346 blocks, 546 digs, 47 assists and 44 service aces