Offensive Reboundingby Darren Savino
- Learn and develop your Mentality. The first thing that every great rebounder must have is the right mentality to attack the basket.
- Learn the different strategies to box out: close to the basket, away from the basketball
- Be able to read the weak side of the opponent’s defensive and offensive schemes
- Be the first to react, locate the ball and go up with two hands strong to finish the play
- Defeat the blockout
- Learn and develop the different techniques for forearm, hip and hand placement for rebounding
Coach Darren Savino is currently the Associate Coach for the UCLA Bruins college basketball team in the Pac-12 Conference. Prior to his coaching tenure at the University of California, Coach Savino was part of the coaching staff for University of Cincinnati for nine consecutive years as well (2011-2019) and for two seasons at Murray State (2005-2006). Matter of fact, the 2020-21 season will mark Savino’s 13th year working alongside head coach Mick Cronin. Prior to the 2019-20 season at UCLA, Savino also worked with Cronin, the head coach for University of Cincinnati and Murray State and now, UCLA Bruins.