Sports Managementby Jennifer benson
Discover the careers in sports and recreation and learn to deliver a simple client-focused session.
Take the first step to exploring a career in sport and recreation by gaining an understanding of the different job roles within this industry.
Pick up leadership and management skills and learn how to manage risks appropriately. You will also learn to plan and deliver a simple sport and recreation session focussed on your clients' needs.
What will I learn?
- The types of jobs available in the Sport, Fitness and Recreation industry, and the qualifications required for these roles
- How groups function, and leadership skills you can use to help a group function more effectively, including:
- Understanding the stages of group development and how they apply to the Sport and Recreation industry
- The importance of giving and receiving feedback
- The basics of risk management theory and how to develop a risk management plan to suit a program or organisation
- How to plan and deliver a sport, fitness or recreation session
What you’ll learn
- learn to leadership and management skills
- learn how to manage risks appropriately
- learn to plan and deliver a simple sport and recreation session focussed on your clients' needs
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- No prior knowledge is needed
- Over 35 lectures and 3 hours of content!
- This course requires approximately 2 - 4 hours of study per week, but can vary depending on the student. This includes watching videos
- Introduction to the Industry
- Leading and Managing People
- Managing Organisational Risks
- Planning and Providing Sessions
Jennifer holds qualifications in Outdoor Education & Outdoor Recreation, Teaching, Sports Coaching, and Training & Assessment, She worked across various sectors of the Sport and Recreation industry, in NSW, Victoria and the Act Jennifer currently teaches Outdoor Recreation, Sport and Recreation Administration, Sports Coaching and First Aid at NSW, Victoria and is heavily involved in coaching cycling in her spare time.