Course 16: Offensive Line Drillsby Kelley Lee
Do You Learn Better When You See the Actual Drill ??
Not drawn up on a PowerPoint...but the actual video of kids doing the drills?
Then this video is for You.
It doesn't matter what offense you run...if you want your linemen to explode off the ball, stay low, down block, double team to a backer....then this video will help you.
Want maximum reps in practice?
Would you love to run 28 plays in 10 minutes???
Then you need to run all of these POD DRILLS
- the drill goes so fast, the QB doesn't have time to call the play
- Midline Pod is C, Guards, FB vs the 4-man box
- Weak Half Line Drills to practice Mid Triple & Veer
- Strong Half Line Drills to practice Power, Down, Belly G
ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS EVERY O-LINE COACH ASKS?
- The big debate is always HANDS vs SHOULDERS....listen to a college offensive line coach's answer
- Should your Hogs put their inside or outside hand down?
DO YOU WANT YOUR GUYS TO EXPLODE OFF THE BALL?
- Then you need to run the 45-60-90 drill
- Using Chutes, this drill teaches how to be FAST on a scoop block
HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT DOUBLE TEAMS?
- When do you come off a double team?
- What do you do when the D-Line tries to cross face & get over the top of your DOWN bolcks?
- Run the Hip & Pin Drill !!!
SCOOP & ZONE BLOCKING
- Do you need a drill that teaches your guys how to OVERTAKE the D-Line so one blocker can get to the Linebacker?
- Then you need the Tule Drill
- teaches kids how to stay low on the scoop block
- or the Train Drill
- How to get the Guard to takeover the NG on a Guard-Center scoop so C can climb to backer
ESCAPE TO BACKER
- Do you tell your linemen to not block the KICK-OUT guy & go get Backer?
- .......only to have him pushed down the line because he didn't get off the ball fast enough?
- Then you need the GOAL POST DRILL
- teach not get washed when escaping to backer. Not let the D-End put hands on them
Coach Lee played & coached under his Hall-of-Fame father
Played QB in both the WingT and the Air Raid
Coach Lee has ran TRIPLE OPTION for 20 years....
--> from from Flexbone, Wishbone, I Bone, Split Backs, Gun, and Pistol
-->has led the nation multiple times in Rushing and Time of Possession
-->has finished in the Top 10 in Scoring Offense, Total Offense, Pass Effeciency, 3rd/4th Down Conversion, & Yards Per Pass Completion
--> The all-time leader in career win percentage at Eastern New Mexico....
The GROUND STRIKE Triple Option also works at high school level....
-->Coach Lee also took a 1-9 high school team to the state semi-finals
-->at Valencia HS in New Mexico, he took over a 1-9 program and turned them into a contender going 26-9, reaching state playoffs all 3 years while averaging 50 points per game.
He understands what it is like to coach at the high school level
Coach Lee's Coaching Career...
- 2017-present has been HC at Eastern New Mexico
- 2019 Number 2 rushing offense in NCAA Division II
- 2017 led all of Division II in 3categories during the season including rushing offense (352.7 ypg), and time of possession (36:40),
- 2012-2016 was OC at Eastern New Mexico.
- Number one rushing offense in Lone Star conference at 345 yards per gamethree running backs that have set the single-season record for rushing yards and career record for rushing yards in Paul Terry, (1,881, 2019) E'lon Spight (1,611; 2014) and Kamal Cass (4,301;2014-17), respectively.
- 2009-11 was HC at Valencia HS.
- 2008 was OC at Midland College where offense ranked Top 10 in NAIA in several categories
- 2006-07 as OC at New Mexico Military Instituge, finished 2nd in nation in rushing both years
- 2004-05 OC at Hot Springs High School
- 2003 OC at Alamogordo High School
- 2002-03 was RB & QB coach at Eastern New Mexico
- 1996-2000 played QB at Western New Mexico
- Played in 4 state championships in football, basketball, and track at Hot Springs HS in New Mexico