Deep Dive Inside Veer with Joe Austin and Kelley Leeby Rick Stewart
ONE OF SIMPLEST BLOCKING SYSTEMS IN ALL OF FOOTBALL
You get THREE COACHES on this talk
- D-2 Head Coach Kelley Lee of Eastern New Mexico
- D-3 Head Coach Joe Austin of Southwester University, Texas
- High School coach Rick Stewart
Do Your Linemen Play Slow and Are Not Aggressive?
Could It Be Because they are confused and thinking to much?
- VEER uses a Simple Down blocking scheme that goes super fast through to the Linebackers
- No pulling linemen takes care of inside blitzing and forces LB'ers to stay home.
- Ran at BOTH the 1 and 3-techniques !!!
The Tex-Bone is triple option for the 21st century
Combines traditional option with modern spread into a Texas-sized offense that leaves defenses scrambling to cover it all
VEER option ran out of PISTOL & SHOTGUN Formations
- What Are You Doing vs "SQUEEZE & SCRAPE" defenses?
- Coach Austin's answer can be used by INSIDE ZONE teams
Kelley Lee talks LOAD scheme inside his GROUND STRIKE triple Option
Rick Stewart talks about running Midline & Veer using one blocking scheme from Pistol Wing T
Coach Kelley Lee's Coaching Career...
- 2017-present has been HC at Eastern New Mexico
- Number 2 rushing offense in all Division II in NCAA in 2019
- led all of Division II in three categories during the season in rushing offense (352.7 ypg), time of possession (36:40),
- 2012-2016 was OC at Eastern New Mexico.
- Number one rushing offense in Lone Star conference at 345 yards per game
Coach Lee also took a 1-9 high school team to the state semi-finals
- at Valencia HS in New Mexico, he took over a 1-9 program and turned them into a contender going 26-9, reaching state playoffs all 3 years while averaging 50 points per game.
- He understands what it is like to coach at the high school level
Head Coach Joe Austin:
- rebuilt the football program at Hanover College before re-starting the program at Southwester University (TX) that was the dormant for 62 years.
- In 2016 Austin guided the Pirates to an undefeated 6-0 record in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC).
- The championship marked the team's first football championship since 1941 and the team's 7-3 overall record was the best in more thean 70 years, earning Austin the conference's Coach of the Year award.