Oklahoma`s GT Counterby Spread-N-Shred
Since Lincoln Riley took the reins of the Oklahoma Sooners they have established themselves as one of the best Offenses in all of College Football and a major part of that success is rooted in the GT Counter Scheme. They didn't create the GT Counter by any means but they have perfected it and brought it back into being one of the most popular run schemes in all of football. All levels are incorporating the GT Counter but no one has been able to replicate it on the scale that the Sooners have. Inside this breakdown you will learn several key aspects that make the GT such a lethal weapon:
- The 3 W's of any Gap Scheme & How to Drill them to Perfection
- Present different looks & scenarios for your Offensive Line
- How to coach the techniques behind how Oklahoma is able to dominate up front
- How to adjust when the defense isn't static Post-Snap
- Coaching the Runningback's Footwork & Reads in Oklahoma's GT Counter
- SEVERAL different Variations of GT Counter
- The RPO Game that Oklahoma pairs w/ there GT
- Formationing to always have the Angles & Advantage
- How to Use Motion to Cause Major Hesitation for the Defense
If you enjoy this & want to learn more about Oklahoma's Entire Offense you can check out our Oklahoma Full Team Breakdowns Here:
The Spread n' Shred Community was built by coaches for coaches. The Spread n' Shred Staff consists of College Coaches from across the country as well as several extremely successful coaches at the High School Level. All courses are designed for instructional purposes and made in an effort to help our fellow coaches as much as we can.
Please feel free to reach out and talk football anytime!
Follow us on our multiple Social Media Platforms: