The Importance of Developing a Love for the Game with Pete Kammanby Hockey without Borders
Developing a love for the game is arguably the most important aspect of playing a sport. You have to love what you do. If you don't, there's no reason to put in the effort and hard work. Suppose that goes for anything in life. If there is no joy or excitement, you might want to look elsewhere.
In the world of sports, people typically assume success goes to those with physically gifted talents and hard training. It's not always the case, the most physical players aren't always the most successful. The secret isn't in the body, it's in your mind.
In order to find success in whatever sport you choose, you must take care of your emotional and mental side as much as the physical. Players who are able to do so do it through levels of discipline and devotion they have to the sport they love. If you don't love it, it's nearly impossible to be mentally engaged in something that is so physically demanding. Love what you do and you’ll find success.
In this course, coach Pete Kamman discusses the importance of developing a love and enthusiasm for the game you play. He talks about different ways of viewing the game, it should be fun and exciting rather than daunting and dreadful. Pete shows how to set your players up to progress beyond their time with their coach.
Simply click the ‘Book This Course’ button at the top right of this page, place your order, and you’ll immediately be logged into the training with full access. Start developing a love for the game! Don't be a player's last coach!
Pete Kamman is the Hockey Assistant Coach at Montana State University.
- Originally from Minneapolis, MN & raised outside of Chicago, IL
- 2004 graduate of Miami University (OH)
- 2013 MBA graduate from University of Montana
- Won the 2000 ACHA National Championship as a player for Miami (OH)
- Current USA Hockey Coach-in-Chief for Montana
- Coached at multiple USA Hockey Player Development Camps for Montana, Northern Plains District, & Select 15 National Camps
- Has coached for over 15 years at the youth, HS, Jr. A, collegiate, & national team levels
- Has coached in non-traditional hockey countries including Namibia, India, & Malaysia
- Founder & Hockey Director of Elevated Hockey
- Owner of INVERSIONmkt, a marketing & design agency based in Bozeman, MT