Training and Racing with Confidence - Lance Harterby Texas Track & Field Coaches Association
Lance Harter - Arkansas - Training and Racing with Confidence
Lance Harter | University of Arkansas
Coach Lance Harter has been the Head Coach of the Arkansas Track & Field Program for 31 years now. He is considered the most successful coach at the University of Arkansas Women's Head Track & Field and Cross Country Coach and for the Southeastern Conference.
While coaching at Arkansas, his programs won every conference title from the 2014 SEC Outdoor Championships to the 2018 SEC Indoor Championships, winning 12 straight titles, and became the first program since LSU in 1987-91 to four-peat at the conference outdoor championships in 2017.
Through the 2015 outdoor season, the Razorbacks have finished third or better in 78 percent (56 of 72) of SEC Championship meets under his watch. Arkansas has never finished lower than third at an SEC cross country meet.
- 600 All-Americans
- 25 NCAA Event Titles
- 8-Time National Coach of the Year
- 40-Time SEC Coach of the Year
- USTFCCCA Coaches Hall of Fame
- 2015 National Indoor Championship
- 2016 National Outdoor Championship
- 2019 National Indoor Championship
- 2019 National Outdoor Championship
- 2019 National Cross Country Championship
- 23 NCAA Regional Championships
- 39 SEC Titles: Cross Country (21), Indoor (10), Outdoor (8)
- 1 National Triple Crown, 6 SEC Triple Crowns