R&R Workouts 102by Better Basketball
Rick has been hard at work designing online coursework for our coaches!
The second course in the Read & React workout series is Read & React Workouts 201.
This course will give Read & React coaches the opportunity to learn directly from Rick as he takes them through 15 advanced Read & React Specific workouts in 6 weeks. Many layers from RRW 101 are reviewed, but in 201 Rick takes you through more advanced Layers and shows you how to collapse time frames by combining layers in drill work.
Coaches will receive:
15 New Teaching VideosA complete Workout Curriculum for offseason Player DevelopmentA PDF of each Workout PlanPreviously recorded Live Chats providing an additonal 15+ hours of insightOptional Online Testing to check your comprehensionWe call each training session a “workout” but they’re much more than that. Rick’s goal in each session is to accomplish about six things at one time with your players:
1. Teach the Read & React – both the big picture AND the details.
2. Teach all of the drills that I will be using during the season and why we do them.
3. Expose your players to the skill sets that they need for the Read & React.
4. If those skill sets are not up to par, then we need to teach those skills. My philosophy is: If we’re on the floor, we need a Player Development component to whatever it is we’re doing.
5. Situational training – what I mean by this is: During these sessions, I’m going to show the players the situations where they APPLY those fundamental skills of player development.
6. Conditioning – lots of reps – confidence comes from high amounts of successful reps. There’s no way around it!
In each workout, Rick explains the big picture – and – how each new drill links to that big picture. Also, he explains how the new drills link to the previous workout! We’ll then show you enough of each drill for you to get the setup, the rotation, the teaching points, and any player development skills that are relevant.
Rick Torbett is the founder of BetterBasketball.com offering Basketball Instructional and Training Videos offering detailed teaching for coaches and players. Torbett is also the creator of the Read and React Offense, one of the most popular and successful basketball coaching series on the market. Find all his courses streaming on-demand, only at CoachTube.com.