Course 4: Game Planning Using Balanced & Unbalanced Formationsby Roger Holmes
The Problem with the Wing-T is having to many plays
Does Your Offense Have to Many Plays?
Create a manageable game plan for the Wing-T Offense to answer all critical game situations.
Roger Holmes has ran the Wing-T Offense for 29 years, winning 230 games and 2 state titles.
He goes into great detail which plays he calls vs certain fronts....explaining how he manipulates the fronts with formations.
There are only 5 ways a defense can adjust to unbalanced and Holmes lists what plays he calls vs each of the 5 adjustments.
No phase of the game is left out in this Wing-T Video. Other areas of focus include:
- Halftime adjustments - Get an excellent reference to understand how to evaluate your game plan and what adjustments need to be made during halftime
Make game time and half time adjustments a strength for you and your team
Learn how to study the defense and effectively attack various fronts and coverages
- Develop a balance between run and pass to effectively move the football
Begin your march to a championship during the off-season using the concepts and ideas provided by Roger Holmes.
Create a winning game plan before you even step onto the field, so you can call plays with confidence!
73 minutes. 2020.
Coach Holmes has been a Head Football Coach for 29 years–the past 18 years at Dublin High School, Georgia. He has won 157 games with 8 Region Championships and 1 State Championship game with the Fighting Irish. Before coming to Georgia, Coach Holmes had won 73 games in eleven years at Beech High School, Tennessee.
His overall football record as head coach is 231-108-1.
- STATE COACH OF THE YEAR in bothTennessee (1995) and Georgia (2002 & 2006)
- Georgia Athletic Coaches Association COACH-OF-THE-YEAR in 2002, 2005, & 2006.
- Georgia Record for most points scored in a regular season in 2005 (549)
- Georgia Record for points scored in a full season in 2006 (682).
Coach Holmes has been a National Wing-T Speaker of the Glazier Clinics, speaking at over 20 clinics.