Course 6: Belly, Belly Option, Trapby Kelley Lee
HOUR and 20 minute course !!!
Need a POWERFUL run game to the Tight End Flank?
Love to cave down the defense....then pull the Guard to kick out the D-End?
Then the BELLY G DOWN is the play is for you!!!
This is the one of the PRIMARY plays for the GROUND STRIKE offense...which has led NCAA D-2 in rushing year after year
- See it vs 4-3/3-4/4-4
- See it when the Defense stacks the Guards or goes to a Bear Look
- See it vs. Goaline Defense
Learn it from college coaches who at their level MUST have answers for what the Defense can do...
- Can also run it to the weakside AWAY from Tight End
- Learn different TAGS so defense is always wrong
....This play will move the chains.....which sucks the defense in.... then
you run BELLY OPTION....
....and you run GUARD TRAP with influence pull as a compliment to Belly when defenses are keying your guard to stop Belly.
Coach Lee played & coached under his Hall-of-Fame father
Played QB in both the WingT and the Air Raid
Learned Triple Option from legend Harold "Bud" Elliot who was in the Fisher DeBerry & Ken Hatfield coaching tree
Coach Lee has ran TRIPLE OPTION for 20 years....
- from Flexbone, Wisbone, I Bone, Split Back, and Gun-Option
- has led the nation multiple times in Rushing & Time of Possession
- has ranked in the top ten in the nation in Pass Effeciency, Passing Yards Per Attempt, & Passing Yards Per Completion all while basing out of an option attack
The GROUND STRIKE Triple Option also works at high school level....
- The all-time leader in career win percentage at Eastern New Mexico....Coach Lee also took a 1-9 high school team to the state semi-finals
- at Valencia HS in New Mexico, he took over a 1-9 program and turned them into a contender going 26-9, reaching state playoffs all 3 years while averaging 50 points per game.
He understands what it is like to coach at the high school level
Coach Lee's Coaching Career...
- 2017-present has been HC at Eastern New Mexico Univ.
2019 2 rushing offense in all Division II in NCAA
2017 led Division II in 3 categories during the season including rushing offense (352.7 ypg), and time of possession (36:40),
- 2012-2016 was OC at Eastern New Mexico.Number one rushing offense in Lone Star conference at 345 yards per game
three running backs that have set the single-season record for rushing yards and career record for rushing yards in Paul Terry, (1,881, 2019) E'lon Spight (1,611; 2014) and Kamal Cass (4,301;
- 2014-17), respectively.
- 2009-11 was HC at Valencia HS.
- 2008 was OC at Midland College where offense ranked Top 10 in NAIA in several categories
- 2006-07 as OC at New Mexico Military Instituge, finished 2nd in nation in rushing both years
- 2004-05 OC at Hot Springs High School
- 2001-03 was RB & QB coach at Eastern New Mexico
- 1996-2000 played QB at Western New Mexico
- Played in 4 state championships in football, basketball, and track at Hot Springs HS in New Mexico