UCF Breakdown: The Use of Tempo & Spaceby Spread-N-Shred
Two Years ago Josh Heupel had the job of replacing one of the most beloved college football coaches at University of Central Florida. Heupel took over an Offense that lit up scoreboards and put up a show every Saturday! While some coaches come in and make massive changes, Heupel did a wonderful job of taking what worked and continuing to build upon the core concepts.
Those core concepts where to use Tempo to control the game & take advantage of the entire length & width of the football field. Heupel has propelled the UCF offense to take advantage of these core principles. By using unique formations that really attack defenses with the use of SPLITS & FIB concepts. Along with unique run schemes such as MAP & Tackle Power. Very few are playing at a pace as fast as the Golden Knights. UCF has mastered the art of Stealing the easy yards by the use of Tempo & Space.
In this course you will see how UCF:
- Uses specialized formations to mess with defensive structures & coverages
- Plays at a ridiculously high PACE to STEAL easy yards and create confusion & hesitation by the defense
- Runs unique run schemes to attack 4i techniques such as the Tackle Power & the Map Lead
- Plays with WIDE splits almost to the sidelines to create a Space Advantage
- Use the entire field both Vertically & Horizontally
- Attach Perimeter screens as a way to get the ball to play-makers in space
- Run Quick Game concepts to make life easy for their QB
- Including All-22 Film, Playbook Sheets, & In-Depth Play Breakdowns
The Spread n' Shred Community was built by coaches for coaches. The Spread n' Shred Staff consists of College Coaches from across the country as well as several extremely successful coaches at the High School Level. All courses are designed for instructional purposes and made in an effort to help our fellow coaches as much as we can.
Please feel free to reach out and talk football anytime!
Follow us on our multiple Social Media Platforms: