Sue Enquist Hitting Mechanicsby Sue Enquist
What to win more games? The most direct way to achieve the results you want is by addressing and improving the mechanics of your hitting.
In this course, former head softball coach at UCLA Sue Enquist explains and demonstrates the fundamentals and skills involved in softball hitting. In an easy-to-understand and apply manner, Hitting Mechanics explains how players can improve their hitting using simple techniques that provide extraordinary results.
Among the topics covered:
- Developing a hitting system
- Stressing good core mechanics
- Select the right bat
- Using appropriate grip
- Position in the box
- Follow-through & contact point
- Balance drills
- Stride box
About Sue Enquist:
Former head softball coach at UCLA and 1980 graduate of UCLA, Coach Enquist had a long and successful career with her university.
Sue's Track Record:
- 1975-1978: Enquist played as a center fielder for the Bruins. Her career batting average was .401. In her time there she also earned all honors as UCLA’s first softball All-American.
- 1980-1988: Served as an assistant softball coach under longtime Bruin mentor Sharron Backus.
- 1989-1996: She then served as the Bruins’ co-head coach with Backus
- 1997: Enquist assumed the role of sole head coach for the Bruins. During her extraordinary tenure on the Bruins’ coaching staff, UCLA has played in a record 17 championship games, winning ten titles.
As one of the most respected coaches in the history of the game, Enquist has been honored many times for her coaching accomplishments, including being inducted into the National Fast pitch Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2005.