FUNDAMENTALS OF STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING FOR TENNISby Costa Performance
Off Court Presentation Topics Covered: On Court Demonstration Topics Covered:
- Long Term Athletic Development - Proper way to Build a Warm Up
- Importance of a Proper Season - What to look for prematch/practice/training
- Importance of Sport Specific Training - Examples of Tennis Specific Exercises
- Science Behind Warm Up and Cool Down - Areas to focus on/ What makes in "sport Specific"
- Questions and Dialogue - What to Look for in a Cool Down/Proper ways to Recover
CASSIANO COSTA - Cassiano has his doctorate in sports biomechanics. He was formerly the Strength and Conditioning Director at both IMG & Evert Tennis Academy and has as an extensive background working with athletes of all levels from multiple sports. He has worked with many professional tennis players, including most recently Sloane Stephens, Reilly Opelka, Magda Linette, and Jenson Brooksby.
JAMIE COSTA - Jamie is a strength and conditioning coach and certified sports nutritionist with a Master ’ s degree in Exercise Physiology from Kansas State University. She has an extensive background working with athletes ranging from kids through the professional level. Prior to developing Costa Performance, she has worked at both IMG & Evert Tennis Academy, training thousands of athletes from over nine different sports.
SEBASTIAN LAUTERBACH - Sebastian has been a strength coach since 2019 at Costa Performance in Boca Raton, Florida. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin La Crosse with a B.S. in Exercise and Sports Science. Before coming to Costa Performance, he gained experience at Evert Tennis Academy as a strength and conditioning intern.