Critical Zone Athlete - 400 & 800 Training - Ryan Bantaby Texas Track & Field Coaches Association
In this course, Coach Ryan Banta reveals multiple weekly practice plans for the 400m and 800m athletes that you need to know in order to improve their times. He emphasizes the necessity to train your athletes for both races. If you are a coach who wants to make your 400m and 800m runners stronger and faster, then this is the course for you!
Coach Ryan Banta has been a Track & Field coach for 19 years. He is also the author of "The Sprinter's Compendium" and writes for elitetrack.com and speed endurance.com. He is the Head Women's Track & Field coach at Parkway Central High School starting in 2003. He is also the Head Women's Cross Country coach at Parkway Central High School starting in 2013. He also has USATF Level II in sprints, relays, endurance, and hurdles. Coach Banta is also the MTCCCA VP and an MSHSAA Board Member.
- 84 school records
- 2 top 4 finishers in 2008 and 2009
- District Champions in 2007, 2008, and 2009
- 4 runner up finishes at districts 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
- 2 state records in the 4×800m and 3200m run
- 14 nationally ranked events
- 34 all-state performances
- 7 runner up finishes
- 8 state championship events
- 70 state qualifiers(Track and Cross Country)