Middle Distance Training and Racingby TISCA
In this course, Olympian Cierra Runge reveals her favorite middle distance sets you need to know to become a champion. She delivers stories about her career along with different types of training and how they can truly help you. If you want to learn from an Olympic Champion, then you've come to the right place!
Cierra Runge is a freestyle and distance, swimming specialist. She has broken multiple records in college and earned herself a gold medal during the 2016 Olympic Games and 2017 World Championships.
From 2014-2015, she swam for UC Berkley and heavily impacted the Pac 12 Championships. As a freshman, she broke the NCAA and American record in the 800 freestyle relay. She also won and broke the NCAA record in the individual 500. Then she went on to win the individual 1650 and broke the Pac 12 meet record, earning her the title of Swimmer of the Meet.
From 2016-2017, she swam for UW-Madison for a single year of her swimming career. She broke school records in the 200, 500, 1000, and 1650 individual events
From 2018-2020, she swam for Arizona State University returning to the Pac 12. She placed in multiple events finishing in the top three in both the 500 and 1650 free both years.
- 2012 Olympic Trials - 25th in 100m Freestyle and 26th in 50m Freestyle
- 2013 FINA World Junior Championships - Gold in 800m Freestyle Relay, Silver in 400m Mixed Freestyle Relay, Bronze in both the 400m Freestyle and Medley Relays
- 2014 US Nationals / Pan Pacs - Earned a spot on the Junior US National Team in the 100m Freestyle, Pan Pacific Championship Team: Silver in 400m Freestyle, 4th in 1500m Freestyle, and 5th in the 800m Freestyle Relay
- 2015 World Championship - Gold in the finals of the 800 Free Relay, 9th in the 400 Freestyle Relay
- 2016 Olympic Trials - 5th in 200m Freestyle, earning a spot 4x200m Freestyle Relay
- 2016 Olympic Games - Gold in the 800 Freestyle Relay
- 2017 World Championships - Gold in the 800 Freestyle Relay