Functional Strength Training for the T&F Athlete - Boo Schexnayderby Texas Track & Field Coaches Association
Need new ways to train your Track & Field athletes? Well, you've come to the right place! In this course, Coach Boo Schexnayder reveals multiple different types of lifts and exercises to enhance your athletes' capabilities. He includes things like:
- Restoration/Fitness Based Training
- Speed/Power Based Training
On top of all of that, he even has videos of exercises you can teach your athletes now!
Coach Boo Schexnayder is a co-founder of SAC and has 39 years of coaching and consulting Track & Field under his belt. He has recently rejoined the staff of LSU in 2017 as the Strength and Throws Coach in the Track & Field program. He had previously served LSU's program for 12 years. He has coached 19 NCAA Champions and has 12 NCAA Championship teams during his collegiate coaching career.
Boo's Champions and Career
- Jake Norris: U-20 Championship - Hammer Throw
- Walter Davis: Multiple World Championships - Triple Jump
- John Moffit: Silver Medal at 2004 Olympics in Athens - Long Jump
- He has coached 11 Olympians and has served on coaching staffs for Team USA to the 2003 Pan Am Games in Santo Domingo
- He was the jumps coach for the USA Team in Beijing at the 2008 Olympic Games