Basic to Pre-Inter Tumbling (Gymnastics, Acrobatics, Dance even Breakdance)by Laurie Shillinglaw
Learn how to.
- Do a quick warm up routine to prepare the body for physical exercise, (however time should be set aside after warm up to go slowly through the progressive drills given, of each skill shown in the videos, to be thorougly physically warm and fully mentally prepared for Tumbling Skills.
- Handstand (Pre-Handstand for this course)
- Cartwheel on Right and Left Leg
- Forward Roll
- Handstand to Chest Roll
- Dive Forward Roll
- Handstand Forward Roll
- Backward Roll
Added bonuses of the course........
- Learn Interim Drills to do whilst overcoming any fears for the Tumbling skills, listed above.
- Dancers even Break Dancers can use the tricks in their dancing combinations.
Contemporary, modern, Freestyle dancers can take some of the beginner drills that work toward the higher skills into their dance floor routines, whilst they slowly gain strength to do the harder skills.
Handstand to Chest Roll - one of the drills to get into the skill is Standing split into chest roll. Dancers can do the Standing split drill into chest roll until they gain strength and confidence to do the full trick (Handstand to Chest Roll)
Laurie has been involved in Dance and the Dance Fraternity as a whole, for 37 years and teaching Dance and Acrobatics for 22 years.
- Laurie is the manager and teacher at Laurie Active in South Africa, Johannesburg. (Dance and Acrobatics)
- Water Aerobics instructor at Virgin Active Gym using Pilates and Yoga techniques in the water as well as cardio activities for the water.
International Teaching Experience in
- Canada for one year teaching Hip Hop, Tap, Stretching for Ice Skaters and the kids ballet program.
- China - Young Childrens dance program at Family Box Ltd Beijing, which inculdes Creating and Directing Implementation of New Class Lesson Plans for the Dance Program.
Module One and Aerial and Back Handspring Instructor Course. (Acrobatic Arts from Canada)
Pilates Instructor through (Trifocus Fitness Academy)
Common Movement Dysfunctions (Pinnacle Training and Consulting Systems)
First Associate Arobatics Teacher Qualification (Acrobatic Federation of South Africa)
Various In-house training short courses from Virgin Active, such as (Just Dance, Pilates, Grid, Business Skills, Zumba, Water Aerobics, Nova etc etc)
First Associate Modern Dance (Association of International Dance Teachers South Africa)
First Associate Latin Dance (International Dance Teachers Association UK)
2 Years Performing Arts Diploma in Ballet, Musical Theatre, Tap, Modern and Jazz Dance all through the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance at the Waterfront Theare Arts School in Cape Town, South Africa
Exercise Science and Aerobics Instructor and Body Conditioning (Renee;s Institute of Fitness Professionals 1997)
Professional Dancing Experience:
Sun City Extravaganza show in South Africa Johannesburg (Residential Casino Show)
Michael Jackson Tribute Show (South Africa)
Encore Taiwan Gardens
Various Casino Gigs and back up dancer for Out of the Blue Band South Africa.